What a great day it was… sunny, no wind, blue skies, reasonably warm for January…. just didn’t find the fish.
The stats for the day were….
- Skies: Blue, blue, blue… blue skies do I see….
- Temperature: 43° at 10:00 a.m. when we launched… but it quickly warmed up
- Wind: NE 2 to 4 mph
- Lake Level: 534.36 or 1.36 feet high.. but the lake is falling pretty rapidly.. it was 2 1/2 feet high on Friday so it has dropped a foot plus in 4 days.
- Water Temperature: 49° at launch
- Water Clarity: stained to murky on the main lake
Even at 10 a.m., we were the first on the ramp and only 3 others were there when we left at 1:30…. not as many folks out there on 2sd’s. The ramp was still good.. though the Corps will need to slide it down a bit in a day or so…
They are still working on painting the bridge…
Lots of folks out there on and under the bridge… I don’t think I would fish underneath them….
We fished some of the same spots we fished on Friday.. but no bites.. and we fished some other areas…. only got one bite. We fished the same lures as Friday… crank baits and T-rigged worms….
Friday, there had been some birds working, but we did not see any on Tuesday.. maybe they were in a different area of the lake… and there were no striper white fishermen in the McCown area.. at least not like there were on Friday.
But, it was a great day on the lake, even if we didn’t catch any fish….
The Boss did take a few more wild life pictures…
We would have liked to have stayed longer, but The Boss had to do some pickin and grinnin over to the Peoria Opry last night….
This gal has talent…
See ya on the water…..